By Patrick Dugan, Head Coach, Homer Central High School, Homer, N.Y.
THIS DRILL IS DONE simultaneously on both sides of the floor.
- The player dribbles to the elbow and shoots a jumper, then gets to the free-throw line extended for the outlet pass.
- Outlet—show the outside hand and turn outside once the player receives the ball.
- The player must dribble full court to the opposite elbow and pass to R for layup.
- When the ball returns to the free-throw line, the player passes for a layup and v-cuts to the opposite elbow for a jump shot.
- The player rebounds the shot and then outlets to S.
- The player sprints down the floor through the hash mark for a layup.
- When the ball goes back to the free-throw line, the player must jump stop, pivot outside and pass back to elbow for jumper.