Reggie Miller’s "Shooting Off The Dribble" Workout
Each Player starts with a spin out and catch on the perimeter anywhere from 15 feet to 3 or 4 feet outside the arc, using the whole court. The Players should use a variety of set ups—catch and rip, jab, catch and lift, shot fake.
The player needs to be a quick decision maker as if in a game situation. In a game they would shoot off the catch, make a quick move, or pass the basketball.
1. Shoot off the spin and catch 25 shots.
2. 1 dribble with the right hand and then shoot. 25 shots.
3. 2 dribbles with the right hand and shoot. 25 shots.
4. 1 dribble with the left hand and shoot. 25 shots.
5. 2 dribbles with the left hand and shoot. 25 shots.
6. 3-dribble sequence into the shot off the dribble.
A. Cross over (right—cross dribble with left—another left; alternate with left—cross dribble with right—another right). 25 shots.
B. Inside out (right—inside out—another right; alternate with left—inside out—another left). 25 shots.
C. Between the legs (right—through—left: alternate with left—through right). 25 shots.
D. Change of pace or step back move—vary the timing. 25 shots.
• Player shoots 100 free throws after each set of 25 shots.
• Total workout—225 shots plus 80 free throws.