MVP Training: Basic Point Guard Skills & Drills with Derrick Rose
Features & Benefits
- Learn to play fast and in balance at the same time
- Learn how to gain separation from a defender, play through contact and score in the paint
- See the workout drills Derrick Rose uses to improve his shooting range
with John Calipari,
University of Kentucky Head Basketball Coach;
2x Naismith College Coach of the Year Award winner;’
featuring Derrick Rose,
Chicago Bulls point guard,
2010-11 NBA MVP, 2008-09 Rookie-of-the-Year
and Rod Strickland,
former professional point guard (17-year career)
Learn the skills, drills and mental concepts that have helped Calipari-coached point guards like NBA Rookies of the Year Derrick Rose and Tyreke Evans and 2010 First Team All-American John Wall.
For the first time ever on DVD, John Calipari shares the skills and drills he uses to train championship-caliber point guards. Watch as Calipari coaches Derrick Rose and Rod Strickland through a workout, showing you each drill and giving you a first-hand look at what it takes to improve your game.
- The Skills – Ball handling, being a scoring threat, passing angles, free throw shooting and on-ball defense.
- The Drills – Drills to practice shooting, playing fast with the ball, transitioning from the catch to the dribble, and stopping dribble penetration.
- The Mental Game –