Ultimate Post-Season Checklist
Here’s what to do BEFORE spring gets here…[Ultimate Checklist!]
Every coach has a plan they go through to prep for their post-season “rituals”, but I’ve NEVER seen anything as detailed as this.
I literally put aside the forms and notes I’ve been using for years, and replaced them with this “secret weapon”.
Coach Derek Sheridan, who runs the show at Delta HS in Ohio, is my new favorite guy.
He’s gone over and above with this 39-page basketball-specific post-season planning tool.
Here are just a few of the 31 different topics that I ripped right from the Table of Contents:
TABLE OF CONTENTS
2) Preemptive Scheduling Checklist
3) Varsity Team’s Post Season Inventory Checklist
4) Junior Varsity Team’s Post Season Inventory Checklist
5) Sophomore Team’s Post Season Inventory Checklist
6) Freshman Team’s Post Season Inventory Checklist
7) 7th Grade Team’s Post Season Inventory Checklist
8) 8th Grade Team’s Post Season Inventory Checklist
9) 6th Grade Team’s Post Season Inventory Checklist
10) Awards Night/Banquet Checklist
11) Assistant Coaches Evaluations
12) Spring Open Gym & Weight Lifting Checklist
12) Summer Open Gym & Weight Lifting Checklist
12) Summer Shootout/League Contact Checklist (HS & MS)
13) Post-Regular Season Individual Player Evaluations Checklist
17) Hosting a Summer Basketball Camp Checklist
18) Summer League(s) Checklist
19) Hosting a Summer League
20) Summer Shootouts/Tournaments Scheduling Checklist
21) Hosting a Summer Shootout Checklist
22) Varsity Team End-of-Season Inventory Checklist
23) Junior Varsity End-of-Season Inventory Checklist
24) Sophomore Team End-of-Season Inventory Checklist
25) Freshman Team End-of-Season Inventory Checklist
26) 8th Grade Team End-of-Season Inventory Checklist
27) 7th Grade Team End-of-Season Inventory Checklist
28) 6th Grade Team End-of-Season Inventory Checklist
29) Youth Basketball Team(s) Inventory Checklist
30) Post-Summer Competition Individual Player Evaluation Checklist
38) Post-Summer Competition Team Evaluation Checklist
I think it’s awesome that one of “us” took the time to sit down and write this up…and then offered it to his colleagues.
You can have everything for personnel from drills to plays, and special situation work, all structured in an easy to use format.
This stuff is GOLD!
See you courtside,
Scott “let me write this down” Peterman